Dekerf Mountain

and I cant help feeling that the elastomers are clashing in blue, can't you get some red made!

Blue elastomers, yes I thought that!

Will probably swop them for some clear I have in stock!

:D

You are all right about the stem... I have a sentimental attachment to ATAC's as it was the first upgrade i made to my first Mountain bike... a 1994 Marin IFT.

Anyone got a Controltech silver quill stem going cheap?

:D

Those forks look new Rich. Did they come in that colour.

Loving the F.I.R. rims and the red touches. I do miss the red saddle, but loving the build fella. :)

DeKerf

Looks Good fella, but I would scour out some Red or Black or Silver Machine Tech levers to match the Batwings and put some Thumbies or Gripshift on, will save some weight and the brakes will then work better than Vee brakes!

pete_mcc":1c4mxvck said:
The only option on a Canadian bike is a nice silver Syncros stem. It just looks right, not too industrial, not too skinny.

i wouldn't go as far as to say the ONLY option. raceface looks good too. and i see you already have a headset. ;)
roy

Retro_Roy":z8k5s7n1 said:
pete_mcc":z8k5s7n1 said:
The only option on a Canadian bike is a nice silver Syncros stem. It just looks right, not too industrial, not too skinny.

i wouldn't go as far as to say the ONLY option. raceface looks good too. and i see you already have a headset. ;)
roy

not if he needs a quill stem to keep his threaded setup.

I've just purchased a nice subtle (unchunky) Ritchey stem for the bike. It is silver and the gold bars will move to the Dekerf Full sus and be replaced with pewter Pace ones, when I can find some...

Final job will to be lose the V levers for something more in keeping...

Back