How old is my Kona Cinder Cone?

Mike_S

Retro Newbie
Feedback
View
This is my Kona Cinder Cone that I'm working on. It was quite a few bikes ago and to tell you the truth I don't know the year it was made. When I originally got the bike it had a gold colored rock shox on it, but I decided to go back to the rigid Project two fork. Eventually, I'll get a Ti-Flite saddle on it, but for now I just plan to get everything adjusted and tuned and ride it.

Enjoying going old school... this bike brings back a bunch of memories.

Mike

myretromtb.blogspot.com
@myretromtb

I don't think its a 95. No Gripshift and front cable hanger is located on the stem in 94 and goes to the fork mount hanger on the 95. 93 has the fade paint job.

It seems to be a 94, although the picture isn't very clear. The colour is right (this was an option from the standard bronze colour) and the stem and fork are from 94.

Thanks for the responses...

Oops... I didn't realize I had the seatpost turned around. Still plenty of little things to square away on the bike, but already looking for another project. As soon as I get it completely squared away I'll take some photos with something better than my phone.

One thing I did pull off the bike was my "Mr. Crud" chain tensioner. That was an interesting accessory that everyone was putting on their rides at that time.

Mike

myretromtb.blogspot.com
@myretromtb

The 95 is green......great riding bike frame though, I think they punch well above their price suggested bitd.....enjoy!... :D

Back