Raleigh Activator 2 is this the right section?

brocklanders023":2f300fvq said:
Can see this one going to 10 pages........ Again! :LOL:

As others have said, I wouldn't bother but it's your money.

For reference, a couple of years ago I bagged a Orange 'O' with some M900 XTR, green Windgrippers, a USE post and Mavic 231 rims for £20. There's better about.

Thats a bargain for such a nice bike Brockers :) sadly in the age of evilbay and many people wanting to make a quick buck and get rich quick many such bargains are no longer available :(

I do think that despite the horrendous build quality of the Activator, and the reams of advice not to purchase such a beast actually adds to the appeal of it, and maybe as there are still loads around they wernt that bad, they may be BSO's but i think they have lasted better than the Supermarket BSO's of todays standards.

Even though i regularly ride my Oranges and a dare i say it a Full Susser 2010 Voodoo not to mention the other steeds in my stable, i still have a liking for the Craptivator as its become fondly know, sadly my stable is devoid of one as a fellow retrobiker paid a vast amount for my old one, proof that maybe one mans scrap'tivator' is another mans treasure :)

People on here talk about them being bad, and in many ways that's correct. But if they were really bad, you wouldn't still see hundreds of them trundling out the decades as general transport.

If you like it, and the price is right, go for it and bugger what anyone else thinks. If the tyres are new they would be most of the asking price.

chris667":2r1ym2os said:
People on here talk about them being bad, and in many ways that's correct. But if they were really bad, you wouldn't still see hundreds of them trundling out the decades as general transport.

If you like it, and the price is right, go for it and bugger what anyone else thinks. If the tyres are new they would be most of the asking price.

+1 :D

Treat it as a crude mode of transport and nothing more. As for 'history' and 'jigsaw' I will happilly take a jigsaw to one to make it history.

legrandefromage":29cd6lzy said:
Treat it as a crude mode of transport and nothing more. As for 'history' and 'jigsaw' I will happilly take a jigsaw to one to make it history.

'Rage Against The Craptivator' Love it :D

hamster":q0vn8olm said:
In this vein, will anyone want my Austin Maxi? :twisted:

Love the Maxi's my dad had one BITD in a Purple, Burgandy red wine colour :cool:
The boot was chuffing huge.

chris667":pcmefxdk said:
People on here talk about them being bad, and in many ways that's correct. But if they were really bad, you wouldn't still see hundreds of them trundling out the decades as a general rule.
that's cos they were so shocking few buyers could bring themselves to rude then for long.

Latest posts

Back