newbie with 80's Mullett track bike

mullett

Dirt Disciple
Hi,

New to the forum, so hello.
I stay on the north west end of the isle of skye and have had this little beauty for 21 years since i was 15. Bought it off a guy in the new forest and rode it all the time till i was about 28 when the frame got dented badly on the downtube. Its now fresh back from bob jacksons with a respray and the tubes repaced and it rides like a dream...

The bikes 531 professional but BJ didnt have the original red transfers, but no matter. Theyve done a brilliant job copying the original transfers for me and the paint jobs immaculate, cant reccomend them highly enough.

The bikes kitted out with mainly campag record and super record, the front wheels just a stop gap till i get the rim replaced on the original with record track hub. Suntour superbe seatpin and modolo speedy brake lever, cinelli bars and stem.

Took it out for a quick 20 miles up the coast this morning at 6-30 and it just purrs along..... think ill be buried with it one day :D

As for other bikes ive a dawes galaxy tourer that belonged to my granddad, a seriously abused pace rc200 f3 mountainbike and another 50's steel framed track bike awaiting restoration plus a prewar tandem frame i may one day resurrect.

Anyway, hi to all, better go and chck where the kids have got to....
:LOL:

mullett%202%20muchos.jpg

mullett%201%20muchos.jpg

i need one post before i can post images, so heres the pics.... :D

oh lord, theyre not working!!!!!!

Ha ha, got it in the end (i hope.... :? )

Attachments

• mullett 2.jpg
    mullett 2.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 2,060
  • mullett 1.jpg
    mullett 1.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 2,060
I remember Mike Mullett. Wasn't his place in Reading or nearby? I also seem to think he had something to do with coaching and then got into frame building in the late 70's/early 80's.

It looks very nice, short and tight.

nah, my names not mullett ;)

Think your right about mike, i think he was based somewhere london way.

dunno if im really into retro or im just a tightwad that never buys new bits though, ive had all my bikes for years :)

Back