Oh No, he has got the bug... Build No. 2 - Jack Taylor 1970

Thanks again for the replies guys, glad it has caused a bit of a stir :LOL:

I have put a shorter stem with a longer stack on now which unfortunately is silver at the moment, but has made it alot more comfortable for me.
Its a baby 60mm but I think I need an 80mm.
I am a bit of an odd size with a 34leg but only 5'10" tall, hence needing a 56-57 frame. But I have got a shortish torso/arm I think :?

But I did the 18 miles home Thursday and Friday evening to which were both very enjoyable rides compared to the slightly uncomfortable ride in on Monday on the original 100mm stem.
The longer stack on the shorter stem has sat the bars approx 2" below the saddle as opposed to around 3 1/2 - 4" as shown in the photo above, so alot lesser extreme position.

We will see how I am over the coming weeks...

Anyone got an 80mm long stack stem knocking about???

willhouse":15hk4djg said:
I have put a shorter stem with a longer stack on now which unfortunately is silver at the moment, but has made it alot more comfortable for me.
Its a baby 60mm but I think I need an 80mm.

I personally think the bike would look better with silver components (and gum wall tires) but that's just me. ;)

I do have an old 70mm Cinelli 1A stem for sale (silver of course! :D ) but as I am located in Portugal I think you can probably find something closer to home.

Many happy and safe miles!

Hi everyone.

I am looking to move this to a new home now. I am well and truly bitten by the bike bug and have already been riding my newer current bike for a few months now.

It is 56x56 in size, obviously 531 ST. Great condition, previous restoration painted over some pitting around the rear stay to bb, but trust me it is completely unnoticeable as a built bike, 1 chip to driveside chainstay, and seattube crest slight peeling. Otherwise fantastic condition, and the Chrome is beautiful.

Collection only at the minute from North Sheffield, I simply have no time available to package this or be around for a courier. Sorry.

200 quid as a full bike as it is. 150 for the frame and fork.

Funds towards a best Sunday bike built.

Will be on eBay soon....

Man I'm miffed I missed this. Jack Taylor was based 1 mile away from the house where I grew up. I've got some Super Record hiding away waiting for a project frame like that. :roll:

Back