Dekerf Mountain

Cool your spurs GG! :D

Need a trip down to my LBS to get the steerer shortened and threaded correctly.

Also need to make a decision on the cranks... someone (who knows what they are doing) has offered to polish them to a mirror finish. What do we think?

Below are more recent pictures, taken yesterday...

20120609_165718.jpg

20120609_165725.jpg

20120609_165736.jpg

Lovely.

I came across a never built Generation frame on the weekend so that is now on it's way to me.

Trying to figure out what fork o use on it. Like you I want to keep this rigid but not a ton of choices, even better if I could keep it rigid and threaded.

Will be watching this for updates as you go.

Update on progress (for GG!)

Cranks fitted and sorted. Forks have had an oil change and seem to hold air (there or thereabouts...)

The steerer needs about an inch and a half taking off it (and annoyingly) about 5mm of thread cutting... So the bike is only mocked up at the mo.

I loved it before but think these two additions make it almost perfect. The only thing I would change is foam grips and possibly a flash silver stem...

20120612_180234.jpg

20120612_180244.jpg

20120612_180252.jpg

20120612_180301.jpg

20120612_180315.jpg

The forks really make a difference mate, sweet.

You thought about colour coding a stem?

Luke

Colour coding this colour is tricky - ask Rampage...

I'm thinking silver Atac as this will nicely balance out the seatpost and cranks...

The Gold bar is probably going to move onto the Dekerf full suss, meaning i will need a silver Renthal replacement!

ringo":1pvp821i said:
Colour coding this colour is tricky - ask Rampage...

I'm thinking silver Atac as this will nicely balance out the seatpost and cranks...

Silver Atac or similar would be cool and are nice and light or something skinny to match the tubing like a ritchey or salsa is worth a thought.

As for the colour I know what you mean! For my GT I took the forks into halfords and trawled through their colour charts :LOL:

The colour I found is a pretty decent match and is a BMW colour!

The only option on a Canadian bike is a nice silver Syncros stem. It just looks right, not too industrial, not too skinny.

That is looking so close to spot on now, but you're right, that stem needs to be pimped.

Latest posts

Back