Peoples Grand Tour #2

I spotted that too...I don't think he's letting on his commutes either...we're in trouble D

how are the shins, post nettle fest?

BobCatMax":345qc6yo said:
I spotted that too...I don't think he's letting on his commutes either...we're in trouble D

how are the shins, post nettle fest?

Its all good, I did have doubts about completing this due to a problem with my wrist (sort of like carpal tunnel) at the start of the week - so a trip to the docs sorted that with some rather worrying looking tablets.

As for the nettles I was trying to find a route over Southwick Hill via GPS :roll: and went down a path that looked 'lovely single track' which turned into stingyworld quite quickly. I am better now, albeit I wasn't much good in the first place.

Your route today looked good and I do want to have a go at that soon. Not sure what the weekend brings for me yet - but have a good one anyhow on the national run.

DA-EVO":gfcqzw8r said:
P.S. 'paininthe' doesn't appear to be posting his results this time (And he hasn't had any 'rest days' so far) :shock:

I'm getting a bit obsessive about Strava, gained a KOM, lost it, and regained it. Going off route and chasing them now. Even done some rides in monsoon conditions and wet through to my skin. This nice weather is now driving me out aswell. My shifts have suited and working in York and living in Leeds gives me a 25ml commute ride home if I foresake the train albeit after a 12hr shift so should have 3 of those this week.

Lastly, i'm losing weight and really enjoying the road / tow path / old railway riding on my Alan Cross Carbonio, more so than any riding I have done in the past since my late teens.

paininthe":1mhr2qbn said:
I'm getting a bit obsessive about Strava, gained a KOM, lost it, and regained it. Going off route and chasing them now. Even done some rides in monsoon conditions and wet through to my skin. This nice weather is now driving me out aswell. My shifts have suited and working in York and living in Leeds gives me a 25ml commute ride home if I foresake the train albeit after a 12hr shift so should have 3 of those this week.

Lastly, i'm losing weight and really enjoying the road / tow path / old railway riding on my Alan Cross Carbonio, more so than any riding I have done in the past since my late teens.

Sounds great - really enjoying it too. Edited to add - I'm not losing any weight though :roll:

It's finished!

don't forget to submit your results before 15th June

format is as follows

Name:
Club/team: (optional)
Number of days ridden:
Number of kilometres covered:
Time in the saddle: (in hours and minutes)
Metres climbed: (optional)
Longest single ride:

Well I did better / worse than last time so a mixed result. More days, less miles, more hills, less long rides.

Also found I am in need of Bike repairs and Parts to the Donnay after the crank arm cracked quite badly.

Still, enjoyed it and hope you did too.

I submitted my results under 'Retrobike' as the club name.

Heres to the next one!

D

edited to add: For some reason having now looked at the previous GC I have done more of everything, albeit not by much but its better than I remembered so a bit more pleased now :)

So, Mr Paininthe

Go on... we are all dying to know....

Did you actually have a day off, or are you just hiding your GPS'd rides for the suspense?
How much did you beat us by (the nearest 100km should suffice).

And for anyone else - did you take part?
How did you do?
Did you make sure you put 'Retrobike' as the club name?

:)

I think there is another edition later in the *ahem* 'summer'.

Because I was away I missed putting the results up. I started really well but had some sickness, but made up for it with the Spanish riding.

Back