Saracen mantra brief evolution

bren

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Probably not much love for this, but as ive bought a lovely kona frame off here, its about to get torn apart and returned to near stock spec for the missus so I thought I'd post it for prosperity.

As bought at the end of last year:

f205e0ef.jpg

As it is now:

f1a977f4.jpg

(fox f100s, hope brakes, XT m750 mechs and a few other random changes. Ended up riding quite well)

Everyone has to start somewhere. If it rides nice and you like it, it doesn't matter!

Can't wait to see what you do with the Kona frame.

;)
Thanks, but I wouldn't call it a start, first mtb (called it an atb back then) was a brand new Peugeot back in '88 followed by a big step up to a '90 Dawes raw nerve.

I just can't wait to get my grubby mitts on this kona :D but going by the previous build shown on here I have quite a lot to live up to!

I had a Mantra when I first got back in to cycling a few years ago. Great frame, couldn't fault it. Never let me down.

Mine ended up like this after a bit of tinkering:

02102010383.jpg

Nice! Is that the three?
Yeah can't fault the frame apart from a slightly pissed IS mount I had to sort its great.

Yup, think it was the three. Not many of the original parts left on that pic.

Worth keeping hold of, yours looked nice in that spec.

Thanks! The more I plan for my kona build, the fewer of those parts I think I will use, so the other half may well end up with more or less the same bike as pictured lol! Going to rob the forks though and the thumbies.

Back