Help requested - Roe frame

Roe frame

The builder was Phil Roe and not Steve......used to ride with hom out of Hull Coureurs in th 1970s! Have just been looking at another of his frames which a friend has had from new...might be my next project.
The set up at the bottom bracket with regards to the cut outs and over bracket routing for cables looks remarkably like that on a 1984 Bob Jackson I am working on at present.

I rode in Hull in the 70's, only it was for Hull Thursday Road Club.

I rode as a schoolboy / junior LOL Did you ever race around Vicky / East park of do any of the time trials round Skirlaugh or Leconfield?

Shaun

Thanks for the info. Well this bike made it to New Orleans where I bought it second hand and raced and rode it pretty much everywhere when I was in college. The old bike is still doing good but I live in Des Moines, IA now.

Didn't ride the stuff in the parks but did plenty of tt on Skirlaugh, mainly in the Ten League. We still use Driffield courses but they are much modified these days. Lund 10 now runs opposite way with a rounabout turn near Beverley and no dead turn at Lund cross roads. Ah the good old days!!!!! Sadly nothing like the local interest that there was. Hull Thursday , City Road Club [my club] still going strong, H & ERRC struggling with a few 'senior' members.

Mine was bought new in 1983, and has the over-BB cable guides. I got the frame from the original owner in Leeds. So were both Roe brothers building frames around that time?
Nick

To my knowledge only Phil built frames. Not sure what Derek did but at present he is doing a bit of mechanicing at a LBS. He still puts in some mean performances in time trials.

Re: Roe frame

madbiker48":1e94fd25 said:
The builder was Phil Roe and not Steve......used to ride with hom out of Hull Coureurs in th 1970s! Have just been looking at another of his frames which a friend has had from new...might be my next project.
The set up at the bottom bracket with regards to the cut outs and over bracket routing for cables looks remarkably like that on a 1984 Bob Jackson I am working on at present.

It's me that's got the name wrong then :oops: Could have sworn it was Steve, oh dear.

Almost as bad as Wikipedia..................................... :roll:

Don't think Derek had anything to do with the frame business. He only rode them. He had a nice aero tubed TT frame, possibly Columbus as the 'flat' part on the downtube was quite 'thin', thinner than Reynolds I reckon.

Madbiker

Yep, the Ten League :) I quite liked the Skirlaugh Course, at least it had a roundabout to turn on LOL

The 25 course through Driffield had a dog leg and turn around in the middle of the road. Thrashing through the rain and then hard on the brakes and doing a u-turn in the middle of the road at a snail pace hoping not to fall off :)

Surely they can't allow that now :)

What's the Bob Jackson ? I've got a Kevin Sayle built 70's Bob Jackson....nice :D

Shaun

Back