Retrobike @ Mountain Mayhem 2012 - The Schedule

Status
Not open for further replies.
makster":usoecne7 said:
Did you see my camping arrangements at mayhem last year? I'm not known for effective camping :LOL:

I did :LOL:

Year before was better ;)

Tiny Tesco tent + Mahoosive double king size Airbed = Little space

I did like the modification for air top-up via hand cut hole in tent :LOL:

think ill be sleeping in the back of the passat this year, pop up tents don't accommodate 6ft3 lol

Gravy Monster":cd6mgs4y said:
makster":cd6mgs4y said:
Did you see my camping arrangements at mayhem last year? I'm not known for effective camping :LOL:

All sorted for this year James. My tent is positively palatial :D

Gravy Monster":cd6mgs4y said:
makster":cd6mgs4y said:

All sorted for this year James. My tent is positively palatial :D

This looks like a right good crack, must remember to get in on the act for next year! :cool:

What's the procedure for getting involved?

1210tech":3prifh4b said:
This looks like a right good crack, must remember to get in on the act for next year! :cool:

just rock up with some beer and a bike ,sorted :D

matthew71":3j0w2u0z said:
1210tech":3j0w2u0z said:

just rock up with some beer and a bike ,sorted :D

Really? How serious do teams take it though? Is it a full on race or more of a fun ride type event? Never heard of it before so don't have a clue what the rules are if there are any and I don't think my fitness levels could handle 24 hrs

I wouldnt want to tread on anyones toes or upset anyone, don't think I can make it this year anyway but might be able to pop along for a few hours

1210tech":35ko0cnm said:
Really? How serious do teams take it though? Is it a full on race or more of a fun ride type event? Never heard of it before so don't have a clue what the rules are if there are any and I don't think my fitness levels could handle 24 hrs

I wouldnt want to tread on anyones toes or upset anyone, don't think I can make it this year anyway but might be able to pop along for a few hours

You'll be more than welcome to come along and soak up the atmosphere in the Retrobike tented village.

In terms of racing; the teams were sorted out from January onwards within the area groups to meet the end of February entry deadline.
So there is a bit of forward planning if you want to ride.

The diversity of teams is what makes it a great event. There are highly competitive pro teams competing for the prize money. Then there's everything else from university teams, Army and Navy teams, solo riders, charity teams, unicyclists and fancy dress riders. The majority are there to do a bit of riding and just have a laugh.

The atmosphere out on track can be a bit serious at times but I've found most riders to be polite and friendly with a huge range of skill and fitness levels.

Ed Edwards however has been witnessed out on course riding past others dressed as a bear and proclaiming "You're filth!"

Make of that what you will...

drystonepaul":28frl345 said:
1210tech":28frl345 said:

You'll be more than welcome to come along and soak up the atmosphere in the Retrobike tented village.

In terms of racing; the teams were sorted out from January onwards within the area groups to meet the end of February entry deadline.
So there is a bit of forward planning if you want to ride.

The diversity of teams is what makes it a great event. There are highly competitive pro teams competing for the prize money. Then there's everything else from university teams, Army and Navy teams, solo riders, charity teams, unicyclists and fancy dress riders. The majority are there to do a bit of riding and just have a laugh.

The atmosphere out on track can be a bit serious at times but I've found most riders to be polite and friendly with a huge range of skill and fitness levels.

Ed Edwards however has been witnessed out on course riding past others dressed as a bear and proclaiming "You're filth!"

Make of that what you will...

Thanks for the heads up. How do I get into a team, do I need to be invited or just put my name forward when the organising starts?
I'll be looking to fall into the groups that are going just for the ride and a weekend away rather than anything more competitive although I would look at doing as fast a time as possible around the course ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back