9th June - Forest of Dean

Actually, I think you'll find that what I said was "You lot are a bunch of B'stards", and Rupe was thinking the same thing, but was far too polite to say so.

James; You da man: Jon was heard to say to his girlfriend after a well size fisn'n'chip supper (steady Daj, STEADY!), "Do we HAVE to go out? I'm TIRED!" :shock:

And she's the one who's asleep while I am watching star trek in bed! Fair play though my legs are dead, but the brain won't shut off yet!

James and Matt, by your logic, I'm the only one who actually finished the whole ride, as I did all the climbs, and the red descent ;)

Really enjoyed chatting road riding with you Matt, my website is thebreakaway.cc, check it out if you get a chance!

Iwas only showing Rupe the way or I would have done the climb ;)

I was ready for the free miners trail also :LOL:

That long climb was a ball buster !! (unless you spun up in granny gear of course!!)

Another highlight was the teenagers look of shame having to pretend he had a mechanical as the fat bloke on the rigid single speed caught him up on the dragons tail :LOL:

I was up for free miners too, although I'll happily admit my legs were starting to go by the end, the downhill couldn't have come at a better time!!

I know I was on a modern bike, but I agree completely, catching and subsequently flying past the kids on their huge full sussers was rather amusing to say the least.

theredchili":17iylgtn said:
The mystery of the disappearing Edwards :shock: :? ?

"Go hard or go home". I went home.

In reality my strategic short cut was a little ill conceived as you didn't end up where I thought. Not to worry though as I had a smashing ride - literally saw no one - and popped to the pub but timing was clearly out.

Very, very glad to miss out on the manmade stuff though - McTrails give me indigestion not to mention wind at the best of times........

Swimming upstream

Ed

Back