'99 Orange Ms Isle rebuild time!

cyfa2809":27b2bk6k said:
I was going to say pinkbike but have refarined recently as its full of scammers. There are bargains on there but tread VERY carefully.

There are certainly some tools on Pink Bike, although there are some good people on there (state of the adverts, quality of pics etc is normally a good indicator).

Try Bike Radar too.

Had a flick through various forums, nothing really jumping out but a few possibilities around the £100 mark.

ChrisR":3bprykc1 said:
Had a flick through various forums, nothing really jumping out but a few possibilities around the £100 mark.

It's like a full time job isn't it trawling the various forums trying to find what you need at the right price.

Mindmap3":o3hscnsu said:
ChrisR":o3hscnsu said:

It's like a full time job isn't it trawling the various forums trying to find what you need at the right price.

Haha thats exactly what its like!

So many options, haggle haggle. Bide your time. They are sold. Look at some more. Wait for ebay ones to finish. Get outbid on ebay ones. Give up. Buy something else.
Perfect deal appears.
No money.

That's seeming like the truth lol.

Found a rather interesting set of 2009 marzocchi bomber
55r forks. 140mm travel and 20mm bolt through... Only downer £170 and mixed reviews about there reliability.

55r kept popping up when i was searching too.
The reliability meant i stayed away. It seems to be really hit and miss. Was another bad year for marz.
I think the only 55's from those years you should consider are the coil converted ones. It was the rebounds carts or soemthing that kept messing up.
Im sure a lot of them got stuck down, but may be thinking of 66's or something.

Yea from reading it is the 55s and something to do with the tst2 cartridge.
I probably will steer clear but price seem cheap for relatively new forks.

What year are they? I'm sure that it was the earlier ones that were the worst.....I think they have got better each year.

Latest posts

Back