The National Recce Aftermath

kaya

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Just like to say thanks to all that made this ride so enjoyable, especially after the weather we've been having lately.

I was a bit worried it maybe a bit to harsh to be a national, but with all the hills before lunch it proved to be a great success :cool:

Here's some pics and a link to the rest of the album.

The only way is up
Picture006.jpg

Happy smiling face's
Picture026.jpg

Stu singletrack
Picture050.jpg

Downhill demon
Picture067.jpg

Lunch time
Picture072.jpg

Heading home
Picture090.jpg

Distant thunder
Picture094.jpg

Stay on the path
Picture111.jpg

Here's a link to the rest of the album:~ http://s746.photobucket.com/albums/xx10 ... e%20Recce/

Thanks for looking

kaya

super ride! reminded me of the peaks in some places.

no mechanicals on a 21 miler in some wet spots. cheers guys!

kaya and steve sort the route.

PICT0047.jpg

jimo746 having a splash.

PICT0042-1.jpg

if the huge views aren't enough there are plenty of pretty features.

PICT0050-3.jpg

can't wait for the real deal in july. won't say too much more ;)

enjoyed day out ;we got back in time
bit wet on way home bikes been cleaned by the time i got home with the rain.
hell of a ride some brill views be nice in dry cheers to evryone for a great
day out

Sorry I couldn't be there. It will make the ride proper all the better though :)

i'm 100% sure you will enjoy it chris. i got round it on my rigid GT outpost trail no bother. my brake pads lost some bulk on the descents, very enjoyable though. :cool:

Big thanks to Vern & Steve for navigating us around what was a very enjoyable ride. I don't think I'll be able to make the National ride, but I'm sure it will be a big hit, going by todays riding ;)

marc two tone":11fk7prw said:
my brake pads lost some bulk on the descents,

yeah my rear pads lost quite a bit of bulk too :shock: maybe we should both stop being fannies and just not brake on the descents in future? :LOL:

That was a great day out, some decent climbs and awesome descents, I am sure the National will be a success :D looking forward to it, Had some fun on the modern bike :oops: not used to being able to brake so late, so I will be riding retro on the national, Like Jim says lets not bother using the brakes :twisted:

Cheers

Stuart

Back