Fat free...or free Fat!

It's in pretty decent condition, but does have a nasty ding on the bottom of the downtube.
Going to see what I can use from the Lobster and then go from there.
That's the win win for me, as I'd love to build that Lobster frame up for me :D
It's still early days with the GF...so not worrying about brownie points at the mo :LOL:

If I don't end up needing it, I may bring it to Mayhem and hold an auction ;)

Made some progress this morning.
Managed to remove that awful stem first! It was really stubborn (and the quill wedge is still stuck in the forks!) but an hour of huffing and puffing managed to free it. My Surname is Eaton...anyone else think this frame had my name on it??.....

Fat020.jpg

It's a shame that someone had attacked the Stronglight headset nuts with pipe-grips, as they're pretty mangled :roll:

I gave the frame a quick clean and looked for any nasties. The worst I could find was the ding in the downtube that I already knew about...

Fat021.jpg

The other area I'm a bit concerned about is this bubbling on the bottom of the seat tube...

Fat022.jpg

The frame measures up as 15" C to T, which I think could even be to small for my girlfriend.
I feel a charity auction coming on..... :D

I think they're quite long for their seat tube size though, aren't they? I'b be interested in that, plus the serial number and obviously you would want to know what is under those bubbles before you parted with any cash.

Is this one of the Fat Chance designs that had no hole from the seat tube into the bottom bracket shell?

Back