The *NOT BORING!* Hi-Fi faff chat and sales

apache":3jfcy92d said:
http://www.scribd.com/doc/27113994/Marantz-PM350-Amp-service-manual

Looks very straightforward. Knock yourself out :)

I'd blow it up. :LOL:

Here you go chap. Done a bit more...

DSCF0058.jpg

1) Headphone amp + power supplies removed
2) Power feed to servo controller cleaned up with passive filters
3*) Dedicated and balanced left / right +/-15v power supplies for analogue output stages designed / built - more headroom, lower noise design than original 12v supply
4) DAC clock layout rejigged to reduce trace inductance and probably reduce clock jitter and noise. XTAL case bonded to ground and glued to board with hot glue
5 & 6) Passive filtering for digital DAC supply (will replace this 5v supply with it's own dedicated supply next)

* This board sits where the output buffer was before it, and all mute circuits were removed. No pops or cracks, ultra quiet.

Output is DC coupled as the supplies are matched so there is no DC offset at the O/P's of the op-amps.

WoW :cool: Looks excellent work. Shame i don't live near you. I'd bring amp & Sony cd player.

I bet you could have fixed my Nakimich deck?

Anything can be fixed - it's just a matter of cost. :LOL:

What Sony have you got? A lot of more recent stuff is very integrated and all surface mount, which doesn't really offer the scope for meddling ;)

apache":1m5k76ju said:
Anything can be fixed - it's just a matter of cost. :LOL:

What Sony have you got? A lot of more recent stuff is very integrated and all surface mount, which doesn't really offer the scope for meddling ;)

A Sony CDP-590
I'm busy collecting Sony Walkman. Have 3 now and just won a 4th a mint 94 anniversary in London so no postage.

Just got this 14th birthday version of the Walkman. Goes well with my Black walkman :D

Latest posts

Back