Attachments

• d2_120.jpg
    d2_120.jpg
    130.9 KB · Views: 1,057
  • d6_121.jpg
    d6_121.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 1,057
sylus":3fyot776 said:
Purely for no reason...I wonder if the "F" in the top of the seat tube in white...is embossed or decal

Thats a bloody good point, i naturally assumed from the pic, embossed, but you could well be right i didnt think to ask, i just presumed.. :oops: as as i said, im taking a shot in the dark, but the similarities, to the pics above, with or without the orange/or F, and the area or Origin...???

It leaves me with only this Conculsion so Far...!!!

two sets of bottle mounts on the down tubes also... similar rear drop outs...I would be inclined at this stage at least say there are very strong similarities in the building of the frames

and Sinn ..where do you keep finding these bikes????? are you really bbc bikes in disguise :LOL:

sylus":29e1aqbf said:
two sets of bottle mounts on the down tubes also... similar rear drop outs...I would be inclined at this stage at least say there are very strong similarities in the building of the frames

and Sinn ..where do you keep finding these bikes????? are you really bbc bikes in disguise :LOL:

Id love this to be mine, just to bring it up to speed, and safe from harm ie those that would reduce it to parts. :roll:
but alas its not mine. :cry:

Thanks to all for your helpful information and interest. The 'f' in the seat post is cut/stamped/pressed in and then hand painted. The mud that was on the bike when I collected it is still there. If I have time next week I will try to give it a proper clean and take some better photos outside. The guy I bought from was also selling a very nice early Alpine Stars bike at the time but I could not afford both. There was not much interest in early MTBs at the time. I bought this one for the Campag equipment that I planned to transfer on to a Dyna-Tech frame I was restoring at the time but I could not bring myself to strip it.

Just out if interest... Does it have a frame number on the bottom bracket and if so what might it be?

34qvif5.jpg

I remember looking before but could not see anything but checking again it's there, lurking under the mud. Looks like 134289. Does that help?

well thats it for me.

Attachments

• d1_715.jpg
    d1_715.jpg
    173.3 KB · Views: 763
  • 34qvif5.jpg
    34qvif5.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 763
Me 2..the orange formula was 133789? and the donahue you displayed for my mind shows the Frontiera to be the same bike bar the decals.

Made my day :D

and mine...!!!

Attachments

• dscf1772_693.jpg
    dscf1772_693.jpg
    167.7 KB · Views: 694
  • d2_120.jpg
    d2_120.jpg
    130.9 KB · Views: 694
  • esjnno.jpg
    esjnno.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 694