Stolen - Jack Taylor Single Speed - Leytonstone

HavelockEllis

Retro Guru
316285_10150316470071401_2055605015_n.jpg

Posting on behalf of a pal - robbed from inside his house last night, in Leytonstone (along with his wedding photos, van keys, van, wallet, wife's handbag...nice people) - a Jack Taylor 531 singlespeed.
I had the frame restored by Mercian about 8 years ago and passed it onto my friend - it is in Mercian's Bianchi blue/green, with white luglining, rainbow banding top and bottom on the seat tube, Jack Taylor in Olde English script on the down tube and the Mondrian badges on the seat and head tube.
Since then he put on a standard set of silver, anodised, single speed hoops, Campag clamp on cable guides, Gatorskins, TTT panto stem, brown Benotto tape and the brown Brookes saddle.

If anyone sees it for sale (possibly East London) or on the internet, please drop me a pm or give me a ring on 07775 860689. There is a reward for any information leading to it's return.

Big thanks,

Jon

That's a real shame - have you posted this on LFGSS too? If you aren't a member, I can post it for you.

same thing happened to me when i lived in leyton
they had my proflex 856 away just after i had rebuilt it
hope your mate gets it back
my proflex turned up at a police auction so probably worth looking into neding some details of the bike out to some of the police auctions in london maybe

@Frink-if it is doable to post this up on lfgss forum I'd be really grateful. I got the frame years ago and although I suspected it might have been a case of sixties badge engineering, it was a lovely thing and my mate has done a grand job of getting it up and running- Ill pass on the gen re. Police auctions too. Knocked him for six a bit as his wife is about two months away from having their first kid...absolute scum bags.

Ian Raleigh":3cto9v58 said:
You use the CTC forum ? If not i'll post it on there if you like ;)
Cheers Ian - sorry for the delay in replying, but if you can spread the word I'd be really grateful.

Back