Rear mech pulling the wrong way?

aha!! I was wondering this myself, recently fitted a modern-ish LX rear mech to a bike, coupled with a modern-ish XT shifter, took it for a ride and my brain turned to mush when I went to change gear :LOL:
I couldn't work out if it was the mech or the shifter that was playing silly buggers, I even contemplated turning the cables the other way around (joke!)

so this Rapid-Rise was just a short lived Shimano fad then? and all is back to normal now?

It's confused the hell out of me, especially when I get on my other bike with a "normal" rear mech :roll:

jimo746":353ivld0 said:
so this Rapid-Rise was just a short lived Shimano fad then? and all is back to normal now?

Nope, its still in production or still available to buy anyway, my rear mech is a new XT M770 Rapid Rise

I have to say that now that I have fitted the corresponding shifters rather than the normal ones it all seems pretty seemless. Bit like driving a left hand drive car really; in the UK it's a right pain in the arse, but in a country where they drive on the right it's not that different after a while :cool:

Back