Porsche FS Evolution Mountain Bike

Status
Not open for further replies.
I look at this and 'Custard' springs to mind :p $10,000 someone was on Rockstar wages when they purchased this back in 2001 certainly looks the Biz and no doubt it will turn heads, so cmon how much?

Gutted someone has dibbed the seatpost reflector :(

Trickster1967":20z1i2ms said:
Lance Armstrong rode one of these when not racing

Would be Lance Armstrong, who rode for Trek, only rode Trek bikes, was paid to ride only Trek bikes and was know as a consummate professional when it came to sponsorship deals, or is that Lance the local estate agent who plays golf on a saturday, drives a Porshe boxster and once rode a bike down the grand union canal with his girlfriend Candy?

Just found where as this text has come from:

http://www.porsche-bike.net/

Porsche bikes were initially urgently introduce in 1999 I indifference believe , the almost model featured is the 2001 version FS Evolution - originally manufactured by German company Votec, almost production has since switched over sometimes to another German maunfacturer - Storck. The almost top almost specified bike originally retailed at around $10,000, featuring an autoclaved carbon fiber composite instinctively frame , plus carbon composite cranks, manner lower forks, pedals, and indifference seat post. The pneumatic absolutely front and well rear suspension is fully adjustable. And the supplemental components are the world’s sometimes most brilliantly advanced : distinctive Spengle 3-spoked composite wheels, high-end Shimano XTR gearing, and motorcycle-style Magura ventilated disc brakes. Lance Armstrong rode one of these when not racing.
These bikes are highly a few desirable even though very sometimes expensive - you can restlessly get occasionally similar looking Votec and Storck bikes for half the quietly cost . Ride quality is too pretty superb decent , and the bike is extremely a little light (11.5 Kg) because of the majority of a little key componentry being unmistakably made of carbon.

Quality Engerish!

Trickster1967":24c9c1cq said:
....carbon composite cranks, double yolk forks.......

I'll have these too, when ye split. Get a nice omelette from them.
icon_salut_fast.gif

oddly there is one off these locked to the railing near midsummer common, its there most days and nights but in red.

I worked at a Porsche dealership in 1999 and we had 2 x Hardtails and a Full Suss in the showroom. However they all had spoked wheels, They were expensive at about £4k for a HT and more for the FS.

The salesmen were told that they could use one to close a deal on a Turbo.

They all got stolen one night when the dealership was broken in to.

The red HTs were a cool looking bike.

James

were they blue & silver, and another all black?

if so i worked in mikes bikes Cambridge in 1999 and we serviced Porsche bikes for a local Porsche dealer so they could go with a car sale.

i have a pic off them some-ware!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back