Fat free...or free Fat!

makster

Retrobike Rider
BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
I picked this Buckshaver up last night, following an ace tip-off here.... http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=205896
It was a 2 hour round trip in the end, but well worth it for a free Fat!!
It's far too small for me though, which is a shame, but I'm going to see how it fits my Girlfriend.
If it's no good for us, then it'll be getting sold on for charity.
Here's a quick pic that I took when I got her home last night. More to follow over the weekend...

Fat.jpg

Nice stem :LOL:

:shock: :shock: WTF is that 'stem' who would fit that to such a lovely bike?

Nice buy :cool:

mm red fat, curses to generous people being shortarses!

The other half must like it! My fat was wonderful till it was cursed with seat tube rot :(

Here's the dilema... I recently built a bike for my girlfriend, a 2001 853 framed Rock Lobster...

5d86e959.jpg

It's really too big for her (although she does ride it ok) but it fits me a treat.
If I rape the Lobster for parts to build the Fat up, then she get's a nice bike that fits her properly, but I lose the use of the Lobster :?
In an ideal world I'd keep the 853 frame for me and she'd get the Fat. I'm a bit tight for storage though!

confucious he say..when a woman shares your passion..she rarely checks your bank account.

Build the girly a new fat with the parts from the lobster..if she doesn't like it you can always build the lobster back up. Brownie points go a long way my friend.

Great score there Mark and a great thought on the charity should it be moved on :cool: Looks like its in good condition

I would build it up for the GF :cool: as sylus said brownie points go a long way :LOL:

Back