'99 Orange Ms Isle rebuild time!

I'm looking forward to seeing this all done and dusted. Such a classic frame. Pikes are the right choice, nice solid forks and will suit he look of the bike.

Thanks guys :D

Hopefully only a week or so and I'll have a pile of bits to fit then just to sell on the left overs and enjoy the revamped toy!

Spec should be...

Orange MsIsle frame, v-brake bosses removed, painted in factory gloss black, gold sticker set from orange (if the can make an original looking set).

Hope mono 4 brakes,
Hope pro 2 gold hubs with mavic ex721 rims,
Lx shifter (already on bike),
Lx front mech,
Xt rear mech,
Hg61 cassette,
Hg53 chain,
Slx double chainring with bash guard,
Hope gold headset,
Hope gold qr seat clamp,
Hope rear wheel qr,
Thomson elite post,
Orange original stem,
World force bars

Unsure of saddle and grips yet. Whatever comes by I guess.

That's what I'm hoping for anyway. Some things may change but we'll see.

Sounds like its going to be fantastic.

It will be a shame to see the Magura's go but you cant get much better than Hope Disks.

Thanks :) I'm really looking forward to it. The shifters, front and rear mechs, bars, stem and seat post are exsisting everything else will be new (well new to me).

Yea the Maguras are pretty awesome and discs were only just coming into proper use but were seriously expensive.

ChrisR":2tixh2op said:
They're nice but only a QR axle.

I've got the 03 version on my P1 and they are pretty damn stiff and will take soem abuse. They're also really easy to service yourself (which is why I like Marzocchi's so much). Parts are easy to come by too; people like UK Bike Store have a huge range of parts, even for the older models.

The black and gold theme would also fit in pretty well with your bike.

True. Still going to need a set of we adaptors for my front wheel though as the front hub is currently 20mm bolt through. Not too big an issue though.

The ones linked need a tidy up but are more sensible money compared to pikes.

Back