how's this for crap service then?

Dead Rats

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
I'm not impressed by my latest experience with Rutland Cycles aka "Bike Biz Awards Winners: Best Independent Retailer 2010 & 2011"

22 April:
Bought a pair of SPD shoes and 6 Knogs bags (cheap pressies for friends!) online, all listed as IN STOCK. Order number and confirmation email rec'd... all good so far

30 April
refunded for 2 of the Knog bags as they are out of stock :(

3 May
email saying, "Our suppliers have updated us stating that your shoes will be with us on 24-5, can you advise as to whether you are happy to wait until then?"... sets off alarm bells, what do they need suppliers for when the items were in stock already? :?
ignoring alarm bells I emailed back saying this is fine as I'd be away mid-May anyway

14 May
email to say, "we are anticipating your order will be dispatched late next week. Once sent, please allow 2-3 working days for the item/s to arrive" :roll:

28 May
email to say "Your order is being prepared for despatch and you should expect delivery shortly" Hurray, about time! :)

7 Jun
still no items two days after end of Jubilee BH weekend! Sent them an email to which I was told items are being sent today (7 June) and another one of the bags is being refunded due to an admin error :shock:

8 Jun
Order arrives 6 weeks later... shoes are incorrect colour :facepalm:

so, 51 days later I have my money back and can look for the right shoes again... what a total and utter waste of time that was!

Great work Rutland :roll: :evil: and well done for evading all my questions.

Their final confusing words were:
The Shoes that you originally ordered were in stock at the suppliers but had subsequently sold out. The replacements which were offered were in fact not in stock at the suppliers which caused the extended delay. It then appears that the ones supplied were different to those pictured. This was an error for which we can only apologise.

My response was:
I think you are missing my point which is that I consider YOU as my suppliers. Your suppliers are not my concern whatsoever! When I order something from you I don't expect you to have to order it in for me... I ordered it from you because your website states you have it in your stock. This would mean you could post it to me immediately. And it would also mean your website would not have incorrect 'library' photos on it. If I had known this is the case I would have gone to another supplier, one whose website accurately reflects the actual status of their own stock

Dead Rats":3ld7dtqb said:
My response was:
I think you are missing my point which is that I consider YOU as my suppliers. Your suppliers are not my concern whatsoever! When I order something from you I don't expect you to have to order it in for me... I ordered it from you because your website states you have it in your stock. This would mean you could post it to me immediately. And it would also mean your website would not have incorrect 'library' photos on it. If I had known this is the case I would have gone to another supplier, one whose website accurately reflects the actual status of their own stock

ya, you told them!!! :twisted: won't be doing that again will they!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This could become a name and shame thread, Im having problems getting a pace grease gun ordered from another bike shop (not Rutland), ordered on the 3rd may, I was emailed back to say its not in stock the next day (4th may) to say it should be with me within 7-10 days. I waited, finally emailed them on the 29th may to ask where it was, they emailed back to say its instock and should be with me within a week???? Its now the 13th of june and Ive still not seen anything?!! :roll: :roll:

02gf74":2ge7iihe said:
ya, you told them!!! :twisted: won't be doing that again will they!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

do I detect a little sarcasm? do you work for Rutland? what else could I have done?

A_Venables":3lcuysp7 said:
This could become a name and shame thread, Im having problems getting a pace grease gun ordered from another bike shop (not Rutland), ordered on the 3rd may, I was emailed back to say its not in stock the next day (4th may) to say it should be with me within 7-10 days. I waited, finally emailed them on the 29th may to ask where it was, they emailed back to say its instock and should be with me within a week???? Its now the 13th of june and Ive still not seen anything?!! :roll: :roll:

It seems to be all too normal for websites to do this sort of thing... thanks to Rutland Cycles I was over £90 out of pocket for 6 weeks - no shoes and no money for replacement. My response may have been a bit pompous to some but in reality this is not really on!

That is really crap.
I have ordered stuff from CRC which have been out of stock, but they told me the next day and gave me a fiver off my next order. Which is good and why I still use them.

I can understand a website not being 100% up to sped in terms of stock but shouldn't take long to resolve.

Happy to hear the Rutles again...

I have twice ordered from Rutland and on both occasions been sent an email two days later telling me that the items I ordered aren't in stock. Added to my list of never to be used again. I don't think your reply was at all pompous.

I definitely think we should have a sticky of shops that advertise stuff they don't have.

Waits for cyfa to reply...

Back