Ribble 7005 R4 MTB

No experience of that particular frame but I do have a steel 853 ribble which is very nice, I too would be interested if anyone has direct experience of this frame have all the parts to build up a modern one if any good

EarlofBarnet":279hsxfh said:
Looks nice for the money. Integrated headset? Looks similar to the Merlin Malt 3 (albeit no v-brake mounts on the Merlin): http://www.merlincycles.com/bike-shop/f ... frame.html

The Malt 3 was the original frame I was going to go for, however I need V brake tabs for my discs.

I think, judging by eye, that they are near identical. The weight seems to be as well!

I'm buying white pedals, white gear cables, white saddle and white grips to get a good mix of black and white on the go. :roll:

Nearly there. :D

Just need to add the chain, rear/front mechs, cables and gear shifters. Also need to figure out how to remove the plastic underside of the pedals.

Also going to clean up my exiting bits.

WP_000099.jpg

nathb":ml6dit06 said:
Hi,

Just wondering if anyone has any experience with them?

Good or bad.

Thanks

bad. :twisted: bunch of theiving lying bastards. will have nothing to do with them ever again but don't let my own experience put you off.

Ribble have been extremely helpful so far. Very happy with their customer service.

How it stands at the moment;
WP_000121.jpg

Just waiting for the shifters to arrive then I can plumb everything in.

The pedal undersides just twist off like SPDs on your shoes. However the leverage needed is big, so slacken off the SPD adjuster screw first.

Back