Hello New to the forum

widowmaker

Gold Trader
Roberts Fan
Feedback
View
Hello all :D

I have been lurking on this forum for a few months now and I think its time to make myself known and introduce myself, I am Ed from Dorset.

I have always been a keen amateur cyclist from my early days, progressing up to a proper racing bike, but as is often the case with a young family cycling takes a back seat. When the kids started to get into cycling and with an ever-expanding waistline I decided it was time to get back on the saddle.

I bought a Giant Terrago Disc in 2008 with the intention of using if off-road and on local trails but found myself only using it on roads and never getting it even the slightest bit muddy. It’s been a loyal ride (apart from the notorious Giant MPH discs brakes seizing).

P5160116.jpg

I am a big fan of Raleighs and always had a hankering for a retro road bike like I owned in the 80’s, and just by chance my Dad was visiting my Uncle who was clearing out his garage and there was a slightly sad looking Raleigh Clubman hanging on the wall.

So I became the proud owner of a 1985 Raleigh Clubman in original condition (apart from the saddle as far as I know) and for free as well.

Bike1.jpg

The bike is in good condition considering it has been unused for many, many years. Just some new tyres, tubes and a complete greasing of all the bearings and its ready for service. I wasn’t a fan of the yellow saddle but after a while I got used to it, so have bought some matching yellow handlebar tape. I have removed the pump and ‘mothballed’ the original mudguards.

Now the road bikes almost finished the Terrago’s days are numbered, so I picked this up from the local tip for £8, my new project its pretty light and just a hack for when I go out with the kids. My plans are to give it a good service and fit some cheap decent parts.

P4150041.jpg

Well that’s all from me, apologies for the rambling post !! :p

spooky i was helping a mate clear some stuff and have aquired free clubman frame hows it ride then matey
it feels fairly heavy but i have some 653 753 racers so it will feel a bit heavy in comparison
ive aquired a raleigh royal brg and silver also but i had to pay for that one

Welcome aboard

Welcome aboard! :)
Nice collection you've got going. I think you'll be right at home here ;)

Jamie

Hello Ed, welcome!

Really likethe Clubman. Is it 531 or 501? Suntour mechs?

I have just finished a Raleigh Recod Sprint, and something like this would be perfect as my next project!

Thanks for all the welcomes :cool:

SIMONFREESE":3v3cqem0 said:
Hello Ed, welcome!

Really likethe Clubman. Is it 531 or 501? Suntour mechs?

I have just finished a Raleigh Recod Sprint, and something like this would be perfect as my next project!

The clubman has 531 and yes it has suntour mechs, its been fun bringing it back to its former glory. Although i havent riden it yet, its almost ready for a test ride :D

Back