its just a mirage...........

This looks good. Fancy a retro MTB. Am thinking I can restore bikes indoors when its raining and cars outdoors when its nice so am looking for another project.

Is the frame on these exactly the same as the frame on the later purple ones?

As far as I can see they are just a facelift but though I would ask as prefer the look of the white ones so might go for that look.

img_2509_652.jpg

tbh, i think the purple ones, 1990-91 iirc, had better specs and geometry. the tubing was still reynolds 501 with cromo forks as opposed to my hi ten forks

i really like the later ones but have a soft spot for stupidly placed u brakes lol

get one bought and ride it :D , by the way, pics of a resto retro car would be cool ;)

your nearly local as well so look out for some rides :D

Well, I have bought some decals for a white mirage from Ebay. The purple ones seem to be plentiful so I may get one of them strip it and paint it like the white one. However I am particularly broke this month so am not going to rush out and buy one straight away and see what crops up over the next few weeks.

Here are some of the cars outside my old house. The Scirocco and DAF are now gone (DAF just 2 weeks ago) and the GT6 should hopefully follow soon. Also have a '76 Lancia Fulvia (also to sell, is mid weldathon) and an '86 Audi 100 Avant.

Driveway.gif

Re riding locally to the pair of us, I often go to Sherwood Pines in the summer as I think its a really nice ride that absolutely anyone can do, and you can pick up a really quick pace on some nice flowing sections, especially near the end of the red route. Ideal for old bikes like these. Will be great for a Retro Ride. Its awful there in the mud though.

Loving the Mirage Longun :cool: takes me back to the days of looking at the Raleigh catalogue and dreaming :LOL: the u brake model is v cool ;)

The purple one was raleighs new look for 91 with the then wild colour schemes, decsls and STI shifters, but more importantly was the introduction to oversized headsets 1 1/8 ' I had a purple mirage and loved it when I worked at my local raleigh bike shop.

I look forward to seeing the mirage at mayhem , wonder if the Guv will bring his too ?

pre mountain mayhem update (weather permitting lol :roll: )

fitted a new 7 speed hg41 cassette, well happy with its shininess and slicker ratios

IMAG1265.jpg

IMAG1266.jpg

Back