Rear mech pulling the wrong way?

I understand WHY they did it, having to explain to noobs that can't comprehend how the shifters work "on the left the big thumb button goes to a harder gear, the litte trigger goes to an easier onj...but on the right it opposite." At least this way its big thumb button harder, little trigger easier...

But really, people learn it in 5 minutes if they have a brain and 5 months if they don't

You get programmed to shift and brake without thinking about it. If you've ever ridden a bike with the brakes the other way round or driven a car with a dog-leg gearbox you'll understand what I mean.

As RR offered no benefit, why change it? If Shimano made cars they would alter the pedal positions and put the brake on the left or some such. :roll:

At risk of becoming the elephant in the room I have just fitted an XT Rapid Rise to my RC300 build, more out of curiosity than anything else, and after about 10 minutes of shifting up when I wanted to shift down it finally sunk in and I've got to say I really like it.

It does feel a lot easier and smoother shifting up the cassette than a standard set up and I have been using standard set ups for 20+ years ;)

Ok, I'll sit here and wait for the flaming..... :LOL:

Back