Super sexy double cranks

I was also looking at where I could get hold of a set of those Toplines. Fortunately before I found any to blow a heap of money on I discovered that they'd be no use to me anyway - the part that the pedals threads onto is not hollow like nearly all other cranks, but enclosed so you can only access it from one side (look at the photos in the bikepro.com link above to see what I mean) - so they are next to useless if using with modern pedals that only install with an allen key from the inside, rather than a spanner from the outside.

Oh ar ! The Topline cranks have a blind hole indeed ! This could be an easy mod by drilling out the bottom/centre of the hole to accept the allen key !

That should be ok as my xt spds have a nut fitting around the axle. Still haven't found any cranks... Mulling over some muddleburns on eBay- but not too keen on the purple ano.

Ooh . nice looking. You know what they are like? Limited reviews on the tinterweb.

Also, any idea of BB axle?

Just found a bit that that says 110mm so assuming that is an axle measurement, I think I remember these getting quite good reviews but it is very subjective with all these weight weenie gizmos ;)

what about stronglight delta , they still look a bit like like 7400 DA and available with regular rings or a sheet of carbon on the large ring (they take ISO tapered BBs though)

Attachments

• Stronglight_Carb_4c8f87924919c.jpg
    Stronglight_Carb_4c8f87924919c.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 137
Back