If you're thinking of buying some proper lights ...

They are really easy to make, we just sort of worked it out after reading a bit about it on here I think (some thread about a guy making his own housing - it looked great)

The most expensive part was the battery, you can go up to 12v 4700 mA l-ion batteries fairly easily but you need to get a specific charger too.We just used a NiMH pack.

They are pretty ulgy though, we bought a B&Q garden light and just wired the lamp though a switch to a "tamiya connector" which fitted the battery.... we then gaffer taped the whole lot to the stem :). it was a test but it did blow away my BLT 9INE. there is no focused beam though but I preferred that.

Dinottes. 600s - amazing, 200s - very good indeed (get 1 for helmet and 1 for the bars). Get the rear light for road work. Get the AA model, and just carry as many rechargable AAs as you need for the length of your ride. Got mine in the States, but on-one do them in UK.

I'm one of the SON Gang. Great power output, and your batteries never run empty ;). I've two nowadays, the old one I've used at multiple PBP's, LEL's and assorted other all night rides. The new one 'only' have done a couple of 600's and one PBP campaign. The old one are now in my Bob Jackson tourer, the new dynohub in my usual compagnon de route, a Bioracer audax bike. Both dynohubs coupled to a double Schmidt E6 set-up.

Back