1995 Kona Cindercone - finished (for now!)

Done, Finished... for the time being!

Whilst my 10day old son was having a sleep this evening I cleaned up and fitted the tubeless tyres, was told it'd be a nightmare without using a compressor but they were fine... just use plenty of fairy liquid on the bead!

Took it for a quick blat over the fields at the back of the house, it feels great. I think I've achived what I set out to do. Just need to find the time to get out there and use it now!

photo4.jpg

photo2.jpg

photo3.jpg

Brilliant job kev, I have the original in it's shop spec and I love it......that looks great too!.....

What's the weight out of interest? How does it feel with that fork?

It's come up nice...but I still prefer the old incarnation ;)

According to my scales it's around 25.6 as is. Loads of places I could save weight; forks, non floating disks, excess seatpost, bars, etc, etc. But it should be pretty robust and is 'relatively' light for the spec.

The forks seem nice, they were float 140s but they now now talas internals and are set at approx 60mm travel. I'd still like some White SIDs with blackbox crown/steerer though!

It looks great Kev, and now that you're done, i'd be inclined to agree with you about those forks. However, like I siad, it looks great :D

A year down the line and I'm still riding this one. Only real change is I rebuilt the forks with 100mm travel, suits my riding style much better.
Just spent the week at centre parks, these pictures were taken at 7am on wednesday morning after I'd just finished the red route... couldn't sleep so rode out early leaving the wife and kids asleep!
The bike saw more use pulling a kiddy trailer last week thus the flat pedals and excuse for a front tyre but it's still a great ride.

MTBForSale039.jpg

MTBForSale040.jpg

Back