Amazing what you see on the street....

robgod

Dirt Disciple
As i was strolling to work today, this "Pinarello" caught my eye - it looked too nice to risk leaving by the side of the road - even with those locks on!

Ignore those crappy pedals, this little baby has Dura Ace 7400 group (including the 1st gen STI levers), Campag rims and carbon forks!

IMAG0174.jpg

Would anyone else leave a bike like that around in London? :?

Rob

i wouldn't be worried so much about theft, but more the risk of some dick just vandalising it for the sake of vandalising it. I don't like the idea of bikes being garage queens, but at the same time if i had to commute around london i think i'd be investing in something either cheaper or rougher or both.

Re: Look behind you....

Matt_wood55":3m9k8ha6 said:
and there's a black Vitus 979 as well!!
It is. Well spotted....I didnt notice it until I looked at the photo afterwards. I thought it was a Carbon frame....I walked back to check! :D

(It was just off Oxford street)

Even when a bike is securely locked up what is going to stop some c*nt going around nicking seat posts and skewers and selling them on ebay ?

I read somewhere when a Copper stopped a Polish chap in a City Centre who was acting suspiciously around locked up bikes
and on inspecting this foriegn youth he had a bag full of skewers, he had taken them off dozens of locked up bikes :twisted: :twisted:

Probably bought it down the pub for a fiver - 'here mate, do yer wanna bike, cheap?'

Looks like their entry-level aluminium frame circa 2001 - owner probably doesn't appreciate what they've got judging by the cheapy, clip-on tri-bars and the Vetta saddle slammed-forward in the rails.

Back