A rare find? UK made...Zinn Z-Centaur 92

I'll have to try it at the weekend and find out. Sorry for my lack of knowledge but what does it indicate if it does do that?

With the close up shots of the joints I thought I might explain how these Zinn frames were brazed and the less than perfectly smooth joints.

They were hand brazed in one pass and left "as brazed". What you see is straight from the torch, no built up fillets and, importantly, no filing. The minimal heat input allowed the tubing to retain optimum tensile strength and eliminated the risk of damage from purely cosmetic filing. This allowed us to use thinner, lighter tubes with confidence.

At the time Reynolds didn't recommend fillet brazing 753 but they were "officially happy" with our technique.

Andy

With regards to the bottom bracket question, i've always used 112mm on my camapagnolo icarus cranks, hope this helps.

Rod_Saetan":qbhjd0zo said:
While you are here Andy, whats the idea behind the fork design?

We wanted a very light fork that wouldn't fall apart. We experimented with several designs, but back then component manufacturers were still over-engineering things and there wasn't a crown to take the road blades that was wide enough and didn't weigh a ton. They were a pain to build until we sorted out a decent jig.

My background was road racing (1st cat) but I was also an avid rough stuff fellowship rider, doing the most ridiculous routes on standard fixed wheel road bikes. I think all this is probably reflected in the overall design of the Zinn bikes.

That what I love about this site. You get to hear from the actual guys who made the bikes.

Thanks for the insider info Andy and I hope that bottom bracket tool got back to you safely.

Back