Mountain Goat WTR

Elev12k":9ma70jho said:
Top build gump!

..except for the one yellow valve cap ;) ;) ;)

:oops:
Well spotted Melvin..
Gotta keep track of the Conti supersonics!

Chris, I can understand the DD thing, but theres a lot of 'me' in this build, and this just fit how I would have wanted it BITD, and hence now also. A few mates had them, and they were on various Ti and Steel stuff, so got used to the skinny look + DD then.

I have some NOS M900 hubs I was tempted to build for it, but like it this way now.

Haggis, was pleased to get this thanks. Lovely frame, bit different.

Some more pics..

Attachments

• IMG_4778 Goat Back white.jpg
    IMG_4778 Goat Back white.jpg
    121.7 KB · Views: 1,151
  • IMG_4782 Goat Blue Bottom.jpg
    IMG_4782 Goat Blue Bottom.jpg
    181.9 KB · Views: 1,151
  • IMG_4784 Goat Brakes.jpg
    IMG_4784 Goat Brakes.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 1,151
  • IMG_4785 Goat front 2.jpg
    IMG_4785 Goat front 2.jpg
    165.4 KB · Views: 1,151
One of the most beautiful bikes i´ve seen here lately. I also like the looks of DD on this frame. Great job, Gump. Congrats... ;)

Loving everything about this except for the Disc Drive, a bit too techy for such a classic (IMHO). Otherwise a work of art. :D

Very artistic, a Mountain Goat is a bike beautiful in its simplicity IMO. I don’t think there’s any need for black parts – to me the ti post and bars are just perfect for the colour scheme and for a Mountain Goat, as ti is bling without being flashy. And I wouldn’t colour it up at all, as that isn’t what Mountain Goats are all about.

It’s a shame that the TDD controversy overshadows the view of the bike as a whole. IMO TDDs suit whacky frames with whacky colour schemes, but not what I call ‘a bike beautiful in its simplicity’. Aside from that, the whole thing is just right and with M900 wheels this would be a strong BotM contender, assuming it’s allowed to enter again under it’s new custodian!

WTR

Glad you like it Andy and also glad that you ride it as well, especially after waiting so long for that bloody postman :roll: Def a much much nicer build than i had on it :D

Back