A rare find? UK made...Zinn Z-Centaur 92

Here here!

I know how much it cost to build mine and I'm glad I didn't I keep a record otherwise I think I would be single and have a heart problem. Some of the stuff came from the States so you have the customs charges to figure in as well.

I wouldn't part with mine unless it was silly money. I took me over two years to put mine together (what with drawing up all the decals and everything) and thats got to be worth a few extra pennies too.

I would say keep it if you can and enjoy it.

Giom6":360slyvh said:
Here here!

I know how much it cost to build mine and I'm glad I didn't I keep a record otherwise I think I would be single and have a heart problem. Some of the stuff came from the States so you have the customs charges to figure in as well.

I wouldn't part with mine unless it was silly money. I took me over two years to put mine together (what with drawing up all the decals and everything) and thats got to be worth a few extra pennies too.

I would say keep it if you can and enjoy it.

Agreed.

100%

Attachments

• jo_burt_on_his_custom_painted_zinn_619.jpg
    jo_burt_on_his_custom_painted_zinn_619.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 465
Wow, what a great picture. Where did you find that?
Would love to see that version in the flesh

Could I ask a quick question?

Do you know what size bottom bracket you have? Still having issues with mine but it would be nice to know what yours is.

Gio

A long one! aim for 130ish (unless they are Record O.R cranks).

The white one with flowers is cool, I was considering that, I really wanted the grey, but now Sinnerman's grey example has ruined that.

sinnerman":1g5ewfd9 said:
kaiser":1g5ewfd9 said:
That is very very nice, I'm not particularly a fan of British mountain bikes but that does float my boat :cool:

Mate can i ask why....? What have you tried so far...?

Its quite complicated and I don't want to drift OT but the Brit scene BITD never interested me and as such neither did the bikes. Its purely image driven and nothing to do with the bikes themselves though.

The one I have is 124 and the front mech doesn't quite hit the top chainring. They are Centaur cranks. I thought it was to long but now i'm wondering if the front mech is not right :?

If you drop all the tension from the cable with the pedals turning does it dump the chain onto the BB shell?

I take your point Kaiser, in the early 90s the 'exotica' for me was all American built, but the last 3 or 4 years the British 'pretenders' have really piqued my interest.

Back