'99 Orange Ms Isle rebuild time!

My 04 patriot came stock with 125mm so would be similar i presume. Its also only warrantied up to 150 which is perfect dh travel.

Only need a set of forks and some new boots after this. oh and possibly a new headset. Sticking with the bars and stem for now.

All the gearing bits are ordered and should be here early next week.

Good stuff mate - this doesn't seem to be taking long at all.

One thing I would say is that Marzocchi's are pretty long, a pair of 36's would be a fair bit shorter so wouldn't make the bike as slack as that picture (which is made worse by the weeny size).

Looking forward to seeing the finished bike.

Mindmap3":1lt44i0g said:
Good stuff mate - this doesn't seem to be taking long at all.

One thing I would say is that Marzocchi's are pretty long, a pair of 36's would be a fair bit shorter so wouldn't make the bike as slack as that picture (which is made worse by the weeny size).

Just done some digging axle to crown measurements (+/- 5mm)...

Fox 36 van/talas 160mm ... 545.3mm
Rock shox pike 140mm .... 518mm
Marzocchi 55 ata 160mm .... 546mm

So not alot in it currently. Just measured my current manitous which come in at approximately 480mm (measuring from bottom of headset to axle).

Think the Pikes may win this battle at the current moment. 60mm+ seems far to much of a front end increase compared to 40mm of the pikes.

I may have to loose the 20mm axle idea and swap the adaptors for some standard QR ones to open up the range of suitable forks.

How about revelations?

Nothing but good things about them and probably a higher a-c?

I can measure mine if you need.

Another thought, maybe you should get a new decal set ordered?

You can get them from orange direct by calling them (have frame serial to hand) for £20, but i doubt they will have any ms isle ones left. May have to go for ones from a different frame, the main ones though are the downtube ones. This years patriot has gold ones.

Revelation 140 ... 521mm
Revelation 140 with maxle ... 518mm

Yea I'm going to speak to orange as I want a few things... Decals, headtube logo (period decals and logo hopefully).

I've found a list of various shock lengths that may be of use might post them in bike chat.

Back