'99 Orange Ms Isle rebuild time!

ChrisR":v4p8xlef said:
140mm versions would be ideal.

Or even if there was a way of getting 160s and then dropping the travel a touch.

The manitous will be for sale once I've found suitable replacement. Not sure of their value though :roll:

That may be possibe by tinkering with spacers internally - could be worth a shout to Windwave. Quite a few people have reduced the travel on Fox 36's...

You could look out for some Talas 36's....adjustable travel, 20mm axle, super stiff and not too heavy. The early ones can be picked up reasonably cheaply if you can live with the poo brown colour.

I've got to say that I am not a huge fan of the Pikes. 'Ive had two pairs and thought the non-U Turn air ones were much better. The coil ones were undersprung out of the box (at least Fox send you a softer and a harder spring) and the U-Turn used to unwind itself. Didn't like the damping much either.

The air ones seemed better damped, didn't have the useless U-Turn and were more easily adjusted.

Can always repaint the lowers if the colour is that bad!

Just started watching some marzocchi 55 ata which have travel between 120-160 and 20mm axle

ChrisR":1ic9t61e said:

They look good and good value for money. I have just bought some 05 Talas forks that have been converted to Vanilla's for similar money.

I don't mind the brown....my bike is anyhow.

Reckon those Fox forks would look good of the front of the Orange. Buy em, save up and get them sent to TFT for the Push tune. I had this done on my Van RC rear shock and it transformed the way my Big Hit road. A mate had all of his for forks Push tuned and they were incredible.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Here a msisle with a set of 150mm forks (it's a 14" frame so looks more severe).

00bacb13.jpg

Looks quite slack. Id stick to 130. As mentioned, some 04 z1's or similar would go well. Also with the eta they will be more versatile.

Agreed. Think it looks a little too much!

120-130 I personally think is plenty.

Currently considering a set of pikes with spaced swapped for 120mm or a set of 55 ata which just need a replacement sticker set.

Think the 55s are winning in my head.

Back