show us your cars 2

loving that nova

finished lowering the caddy last night, a far more involved task than the forums would have you believe. also fitted mk3 golf gti seats in the front, again according to the forums they "slip straight in". mayby after strippind the backs off the bases and rebuilding them in situ!

caddy by lewis1641, on Flickr

Caddy's looking great Dave and so is that Nova :cool:

Finally got something newer and more economical myself.

DSC01130.jpg

Previously...

317bhp 357lb/ft on engine dyno... In car 275bhp at the wheels
stealth1.jpg

Then some shiny stuff..
IMG_8354small.jpg

And newer shiny stuff..
3eaa17f5.jpg

And now extremely practical and fun to get muddy..
IMG_2163small.jpg

A few people have asked why I didn't buy a cheap old disco for off roading... But that would mean having a road vehicle too.. This does it all and keeps you in complete comfort!

Progression of vehicles largely due to family life and growing family. Plan on keeping the disco for a very long time now (well unless I magically stumble upon a lottery win) :LOL:

Well, I have just taken my spare car for its first MOT in many years. Speed bumps have sprung up right down the road our cul-de-sac goes on to. Thankfully they are the cushion type so it seems as long as I aim down the middle, it doesn't bottom out.

Pictures when it passes the test.

lewis1641":1jgj6b2u said:
What gearbox was the golf running and did it handle the power ok?

Golf had a Quaife 6speed box and ATB diff so wasn't too bad. Had the driveshafts sleeved for strength too.

used to embarrass many more expensive cars and would hit a genuine 158mph @7300rpm in 6th.

I don't get the whole thing about 'off roading' anyway, I mean the folks that go out and get stuck up tracks as a hobby. If you are getting out of a blizzard or up to rescue your animals off a hill ot is one thing, but to make a point of getting stuck and wasting time and fuel is at odds with my idea of 'fun'.

Like you say, one vehicle that can do both is perfect, as you know it is there when you need it. Probably the last good Land Rover too, looking at the new ones. I will probably get one once they come down to my kind of money.

Latest posts

Back