Cannondale Scalpel 2011 - XX - sub 20lbs target build

Hmmm you may be right. Going to need some more yellow somewhere tho.

Attachments

• scalpel+xtr.jpg
    scalpel+xtr.jpg
    188.1 KB · Views: 3,331
  • scalpel+slr.jpg
    scalpel+slr.jpg
    203.7 KB · Views: 3,331
Head says xtr, heart says slr!

The xtr's look pretty stealthy and tie in well with the red nipples.

Right then back on the case with my Scalpel after 2 other bikes have been created and one sold in the meantime ! :)
Decided in the end to keep the SLRs due to popular request and now having thoughts of the crank variety. Was going with XTR but not really liking using BB30 adaptors as kind of defeats the object so after a long search for some interesting options I found some Canondale Si carbon road cranks (for a whole £50 bargain) which use the same BB30 spindle assembly as the Hollowgram MTB ones. They are very light ! Sourced the right size (I hope!) spindle and all the necessary shims, bearing shields, spacers etc are coming - thank goodness for technical docs. This is definitely not a simple as Shimano Hollowtech, typical Cannondale ! :roll:
Plan is to run it 1 x 10 so the 36T up front will be about right or can drop down to a 34T, do 110BCD rings get any smaller ?
A got a proper size (31.6) Syncros carbon seatpost from the states too to replace the shimmed previous one.

Attachments

• canondale_cranks.jpg
    canondale_cranks.jpg
    171.6 KB · Views: 2,081
A little update .... what the difference between a QC070 131mm spindle and a QC070 132mm spindle ? 1mm you say, yes correct and that 1mm is the difference between being able to fit my cranks or not ! :cry:
The 131 is for 68mm BB shell and mine of course is a 73. Both myself and the parts supplier have now learned something. So now waiting on the 132mm one to come.
Did look very nice though when fitted .... out of alignment ....

Got my 132mm spindle through at last from the US and now fitted the cranks hurrah ! :D Also changed the FSA bars for Syncros ones which are a bit wider and matches the stem and post.
The plan is to go 1 x 10 and use SRAM X-0 and have got a rear mech and shifter sh but the cassettes are how much !!! :shock: So as I can't wait to put it together am slumming it with an XT rear mech and shifter so can fit my 9 speed cassette and actually ride it. Its been so long since I started this I might need to fit some stabalisers.

Attachments

• scalpel_syncros.jpg
    scalpel_syncros.jpg
    126.8 KB · Views: 1,954
  • scalpel_progress.jpg
    scalpel_progress.jpg
    133.9 KB · Views: 1,954
Back