Cable adjuster and jockey wheel for Campag Gran Sport RD

lae

Retro Guru
A bit of a weird one... but does anyone have the cable adjuster for a 1950s Gran Sport rear derailleur, or something that would work?

Lewis

Hmm, I think it's a 1012/1 which, confusingly, is listed as *not* having an adjuster, despite the illustration showing otherwise.

I can only presume mine is supposed to have an adjuster because it has a threaded hole for one.

If it has a threaded hole then I suppose it must be needed. Would a brake adjuster of some sort with a metric thread work? Weinmann perhaps?

Mmm perhaps, I don't have one spare to try though.

I emptied out my nuts&bolts into a casserole dish (!!!) and picked through it - out of about twenty bolts I tried, I found one that was the correct pitch.

Tomorrow I'll go down to the hardware supplier and see if I can get some in the right size, and then I'll take 'em down to the workshop and see if I can drill them out to make my own adjuster.

Also, has anyone got a spare steel jockey wheel for one of these? Mine has one original steel one and one replacement nylon one - ideally I'd like them both to be steel.

Back