1999 Sintesi Bazooka

Lol, that looks crazy.. But it makes me wonder if they ordered the right headset? If it sits loose it will crack either headset or frame :p

olavxxx":hxo39115 said:
Lol, that looks crazy.. But it makes me wonder if they ordered the right headset? If it sits loose it will crack either headset or frame :p

Dont believe it was loose, and there is also another linked in the picture too.

Hm, but they are using a different headset though:

• Material 52100 bearing steel
• Preload aluminum/steel 25g
• Upper bearings sealed 28-ball retainer
• Lower bearings sealed 34-ball max

Mine is:
• Material: 440c stainless steel lower
• Preload aluminum/steel 25g
• Upper bearings sealed 34-ball max
• Lower bearings sealed 34-ball max

Since mine has more balls for the upper bearing and different steel for the material, I hope I wont experiene the same fatigue? In my mind, the DH and freeride headsets will be stiffer, due to more balls (same amount on upper and lower) and different material might also be better. (ps. Since they have black and orange, I see they use the all mountain, not the dh headset). If they had black and not orange on top, they would be using either the freeride or the XC.

cyfa2809":2j1868bc said:
Those ones are black red?
Hm, strange. I cant find the black/red combo on the crankbrothers website (exception beeing the 1/2", though that looks different).

Anyhow, I'll just check what happends :p

I didnt overtight it for sure and I have done some hours bicycling with it already. When I ordered the headset, I made sure I ordered one with the same angles as the raceface that was on there.

Most of my biking so far has been some hours with around 2 meter tall drop from walls and stones (slow speed drop in 2 gear). Have also jumped down stairs and such. So it should have gotten some strain already. I have yet to find play or any sign of damage, but I have only ridden for one day so far.

Btw. one thing that I had problems with, with the raceface, was play when I used rockshox fork. With marzocchi I never had problems, untill the bearing broke though :p but then it was oooold..

jimmylad":26q45zsq said:
Would it be possible to get them boxxers running again? Oh how I'd love a set like them!
I guess so, with a new bushing on the outer leg. Its attached with a C-clip, easy to disassemble. If its not for sale any more, I guess one can 3d print it.

Back