New member in a quandary...

ChrisR":2h02hg6w said:
Is only having a middle and granny ring not a little limiting? :?

Sure but you can always change the bash out for an outer ring.
That said, i only rn single ring (36t) so i am a bit biased also. Was just thinking of strength issue.

Just had a look on chain reaction. Ok a 36 tooth middle ring makes a bit more sense.

Stronger axle and spider is a bonus too.

ChrisR":1wcjsil8 said:
Just had a look on chain reaction. Ok a 36 tooth middle ring makes a bit more sense.

Stronger axle and spider is a bonus too.

You can of course still run triple if you so wish.

I only recently found about the differing axles and spiders.

just been doing some reading on another forum where the elixir brakes are getting a good hiding by several owners. noise and vibration and a lot of messing about seems to be the common complaint.

just my opinion here bud, but hope is the way to go. even used ones. built to work, and they do. time and time again. easy to set up and adjust too.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
crossland":14esijbd said:
just been doing some reading on another forum where the elixir brakes are getting a good hiding by several owners. noise and vibration and a lot of messing about seems to be the common complaint.

just my opinion here bud, but hope is the way to go. even used ones. built to work, and they do. time and time again. easy to set up and adjust too.

Ok. Thanks for the tip. I'd like hopes if I can find some for sensible money.

ChrisR":1rf9walt said:
crossland":1rf9walt said:

Ok. Thanks for the tip. I'd like hopes if I can find some for sensible money.
i bought set here a few weeks back. with spare pads and floating rotors for £100 shipped. thats about the going rate.
in answer to your last Q, ive put hope on to replace XTR ;)

Hmm ok. Doesn't seem to be a great deal around on eBay currently.

Well apart from a nice hope m4 setup with 180 front and 160 rear... That's £200 though :?

Back