New member in a quandary...

poweredbypies":3sz1sv1l said:
You can remove them just be careful. You dont want extra holes in your frame do you?

God no! I work in an engineering industry so would alway be rather cautious understanding a bit about structural integrity etc.

ChrisR":39bqijf3 said:
In all honesty the o2 is a little big for me for use off road hence why it was used as a road bike.

That's a shame - but I understand :cry:

I'm hopeful it will find a good home.

It seems far too original to split.. From memory the only thing that changed were the tyres! :shock:

You can remove the bosses its fairly easy. Just take care. I think most cut with hack saw then file and sand the rest off (i.e not too close with the saw).

Theyre welded on so no affect to the tubes.

I think if your pretty space concious with bikes, you have come to the wrong place haha!

Here the perfect number of bikes is x+1.

So... I've started making a shopping list...

Looks something like this at the present moment...

3dcd5a4d.jpg

Plus obviously a wheelset (hoping for some with some hope hubs for the
Lovely freewheel noise), plus a set of forks, headset, saddle.

Any suggestions for what forks to look for?

Going to be scouring eBay to see if I can save a few ££ over buying new too (especially for the wheels and forks).

Id say pikes would probably go well with the ms isle?

Also id suggest if you dont mind, buying as much second hand stuff as you can and preferably from here.

You will most likely get yourself better parts for similar or less money.

Also (also), will you be using the ms isle for any abuse?

Edit: If you ar ebuying the slx crank brand new, i believe they come with bb.

Thanks for the response.

Yea the slx crank comes with a BB if I buy new... Even the deore version does.

I'm going to look at second hand bits before buying new. I've already got xt rear mech and lx front mech and a set of lx shifters.

The crankset and cassette have seen far better days hence replacing them.

Not looked at forks yet bit out of touch with the current models. Orange have advised something between 100-140mm for travel (current models have 140mm fox forks).

Bike will get chucked about a fair bit as I start riding more I expect. It needs a reasonably hefty build as I'm now about 18.5 stone.

Id reckon you should go for the double ring slx crank, they have a stronger axle.

Oh and pikes rate well and are 95-140 with u turn.

Rock shox are popular right now, or look at x fusion.

Back