m1kesmith

Old School Hero
Just picked up off ebay... its sooo shiny

will post more pics once its built if anyone is interested

Attachments

• IMGP1536.JPG
    IMGP1536.JPG
    156.5 KB · Views: 4,318
hi nice frame i used to have one made from fuji stout lite or should i say i have miss placed it never sold it or gave it away but i can not find it at my dad,s

Hmmm, never known Paul to build a TI frame :?

Are you sure it's a genuine article and not another frame sporting rock lobster decals?

Hard to tell from the pic but looks identical to a TST TI frame.

Yep,

Did a little research, imported TST frame by Merlin Cycles under the Rock Lobster banner.

Beautiful construction and reliable ride for a killer price point.

Cambria bike was blowing these out a few months ago for 275.00 US...only had the x-large size left by the time I found them :cry:

Considering it cost me about 950.00 just to purchase the materials to build a TI frame, I'd say m1kesmith got a great purchase.

cheers,

rody

Are you going to do a retro buid?
Is that a Salsa seatclamp?
What size is it?
( sorry for all the Qs...I have a weird feeling that may be my old Lobster which I sold ages ago! )

its 20" centre to centre, and yes that is a salsa clamp.
probably not a totally retro build... its got to be functional as my everyday ride. It will have thumbies tho as i haven't found anything better.
has anyone fitted a rear disk adapter to one of these? i'm currently running a magura hs33 on the rear and fed up with it eating rims.

Avoid disc adapters. Tim at Sideways Cycles ( bit of a pimp-parts guru ) says they're absolute poo. This view is echoed by all and sundry at most of my local bike shops.

its now been built for 2 weeks. Once i got over the initial twitchy handling by fitting longer forks all i can say is WOW!!
just hoping the fact its a hardtail means i'll get to keep it!

Back