June 2012 BoTM 'Dead End Special' - Nominations Please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right! Here it is, the Mystery Machine of Green...

It speaks for itself.

Attachments

• The Dead End.jpg
    The Dead End.jpg
    151.8 KB · Views: 1,136
i'll throw this in
strange pivot placements , and usd's that didnt really catch on ,tho marzocchi still do the shivers
should re-fit the force 40's
P1030606.jpg

think LGF's on to a winner with that green monster

My '91 Aluminium British Eagle

Reasons in order of estimated strength of validity

Heat treated 'aircraft grade' 7005 Aluminium...

British Eagle... Went bust in the '90s now just another Falcon brand. Dead end for them!

Thumbies!

1 1/4" head tube

Top routed cable translated to BP front mech by a roller on the brace between the chainstays

And the Elastomer damped forks - Surely a dead end there???

dscf4267.jpg

just as a hint for you all, none of bikes displayed up to now is neither URT nor softbeam... :cool::(

Lets set the definition on what a dead end is.

For me a dead end is a design, component or material that never got beyond version 1 in evolution.

Nader":19qjt2b6 said:
just as a hint for you all, none of bikes displayed up to now is neither URT nor softbeam... :cool::(

How about a 2012 GT Fury? It's a (linkage driven) URT. Wait, neither retro, nor dead end technology.

gt_fury_swingarm_600.jpg

John":2j7tvfl4 said:
Let's have your nominations for the June 2012 Bike of The Month Contest. this month is a dead end special month, what we're looking for is retro bikes whose design never made it through the retro period, we're talking about things like URT, softbeam, rear sus only and magnesium frames. Any other evolutionary dead ends accepted, just make sure you can justify it. Please remember judges decision is final and cantilever brakes won't count ;)

Seems some folks misread John's original criteria for this month's BoTM. I highlighted a couple of key words since everyone is focused on softbeam and URT as key criteria, when in reality they were only mentioned as examples, not an all inclusive list. I'd say all entries are valid so far, no?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back