I know this Heckler isn't going to get finished.. GF Project

She wants FS though ideally, more room for error.. I was thinking about cutting the tube out and replacing it, then fitting a custom linkage.. I'll see what I can do with it first though.

I think I have gone a step too far with the project, as I didn't reckon on bolloxing the Magura screw and the leaky forks. Plus I'm missing the mounts for the back.

Do you have access to jigs and industrial ovens ?

It isn't as simple as replacing a tube with an aluminium frame.

When they are made originally, the tubes are welded together and the whole frame goes through heat and quench cycles to give it strength.

You can't just simply replace tubes !

That frame is dangerous and needs throwing away before somebody is seriously injured.

heckler

DONT USE THAT FRAME ITS A DEATH TRAP !!!! sometimes you have to swallow your pride and cut your losses and start again

I second the above comments.

The fork and brakes are the least of your problems. That frame is an accident waiting to happen, and it'll probably be a pretty nasty one.

As said that frame should be in the bin, it's awful. The forks will cause you nothing but headaches, trying to find spares for them will be very difficult and they aren't even very good especially looking at the state of the stanchions - not worth the hassle.
With the forks gone the front brake will be useless so put that on a shelf somewhere and forget about it or put it on ebay as it's unusual but no one uses those forks any more.
With the front brake gone the rear one will look odd on the handle bars so you should put it on the same shelf as the other one.

Now you have somewhere to start and believe me it will cause you a much easier life than trying to make that lot perform decently, even a £250 halfords POS is better than what you have there.

I hope you can see that I'm helping you, no hate :)

Back