Orange C16 R rebuild

Good to see you starting the resto on the C16R, was starting to worry when I the bike at first, but then myself having two I can see why the attraction. Anyway great to see it start it's transition to a 'Chocolate Orange' ditch the chain, as a cheap stop gap £4 will get you a chain (Asda) same with cables, just until you can get something better, 1" Ritchey headset at £10 from CRC is value for money or put a wanted add out. And as my good friend Sylus pointed out gil_m does top notch decals, I've had several sets including for both my C16R's. And Pace Forks pair with Orange like Morcambe & Wise, Cannon & Ball, Apple Crumble & Custard etc etc, I've just picked up some RC38's (My second set for another build) for £80 and they are minty fresh.

Keep with the updates, please yourself not others, and enjoy the Retrobike expieriance in the process :)

Jussa :D

Rusty Scrubber":2guexx0g said:
If you get yourself a cheap bench grinder, and a wire wheel to replace one of the discs, all the rusty bits and bobs will be sparkling again in minutes.

No need to throw useable stuff away. ;)

All the bolts I've chucked are none bike related, they look like they've been picked out of a random toolbox, the chain isn't too bad to be totally honest, it's just properly grimey and no doubt stretched to hell, I'd prefer to crack it open with a chain tool, clean it up and see what I've got before getting medieval on it's ass.

Jussa":olzutp7f said:
Good to see you starting the resto on the C16R, was starting to worry when I the bike at first, but then myself having two I can see why the attraction. Anyway great to see it start it's transition to a 'Chocolate Orange' ditch the chain, as a cheap stop gap £4 will get you a chain (Asda) same with cables, just until you can get something better, 1" Ritchey headset at £10 from CRC is value for money or put a wanted add out. And as my good friend Sylus pointed out gil_m does top notch decals, I've had several sets including for both my C16R's. And Pace Forks pair with Orange like Morcambe & Wise, Cannon & Ball, Apple Crumble & Custard etc etc, I've just picked up some RC38's (My second set for another build) for £80 and they are minty fresh.

Keep with the updates, please yourself not others, and enjoy the Retrobike expieriance in the process :)

Jussa :D

Cheers bud, funnily enough, I bought a whole load of coated gear and brake wires for my old Specialized Rock Hopper A1 and never used them, they are all still in the packaging so once I've sorted the frame work out those will be getting placed delicately on the bike. I may have to pay a visit to my old neighbour and see if he has any bits from his Clockwork lying about that I could salvage and see if he has done anything with the clunker I gave him :)

Jussa":3btbquj8 said:
Apple Crumble & Custard

Mmmmmmm.

Nice to see another C16R being brought back to life.

Highly underated bike, but plentiful enough that you can customise it, without the purists throwing a pink fit.

Looking about the house for spare parts off my old bikes I came across this

P1140554.jpg

My old DH full face, stripped ready for paint, something else to add to my retro MTB fix :)

sylus":2ntepx6k said:
That headset nut looks like it was recovered off the titanic :D

Agree on the chain..it's a dead un so either hacksaw or if you have an axle grinder just wear off one of the rivets and it will pop off..Good to see old uns coming back to life

If your after a full set of correct of decals contact gil_m in here who does most of rb's decals

The forks you can go rigid or what seems to be the law..pace ..plenty around at not much pennies

If we are talking about Mark,I can vouch for his work.He recently sorted these out for me,the silver star part was copied from my photos of the bike before I stripped it. :D
000_0019.jpg

Back