88 Fat Chance Wicked - Tomac & Litsky - Custom Paint

sq_root_of_2

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
I just picked this and have not done anything to it yet. It is not what I usually collect (Ritcheys) but since I am a sucker for original and interesting, this was too much of both to pass up.

1989 Wicked with Campy Euclid everywhere.

Funny that I now have 2 Fat Chance bikes, this one and another 100% original 1984. That one fell into my hands as well and couldn't be passed up. I need to stick to only Ritcheys or I will end up with a bike collection. :)

The welding on this is really nice, almost looks brazed.

Custom paint is cool and I was told that is was most likely done by Michael Pappaconstantine (the creator of the Yo Eddy figure). Thanks to Scott P Bengtson for this information about Mike: Mike Pappaconstantine - Team Fat Chance rider and the creator of YO Eddy. He also worked in finishing as a brazer and frame alignment tech. Excellent rider, unbelievable cartoonist - AKA the "biggest name in mountain biking"

The condition of the bike is 9.5. It needs a good cleaning and polishing.

I see on the FF site there is a model referred to as the 'Euclid' for 1989. Is that what this is? If anyone knows anything about this bike I would appreciate it if you pass it on to me.

Attachments

• 14.jpg
    14.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 2,857
  • 15.jpg
    15.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 2,855
  • 09.jpg
    09.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 2,857
  • 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    147 KB · Views: 2,857
A few more photos...

Attachments

• 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 2,851
  • 08.jpg
    08.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 2,851
  • 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 2,851
  • 17.jpg
    17.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 2,851
I just love these bikes which have been drawn /signed at the factory,great piece of history, plus these are a great ride

that is a great find and the graphics are sweet, not sure I could ever get by with the campy groupo as it really is bulky and IMHO fugly but rare indeed.

Awesome! I love it warts(campag) an all :D

That's cool:-D

I don't know what the chaps at Campagnolo were thinking when they designed those levers though! The rest of the gruppo looks nice, chainset and rear mech especially

I have a Euclid RD on my Look

Those graphics are a great read!

Back