Raleigh Dynatech?

I've tried Explorer, Firefox and chrome......... still no joy with the pics. I just wondered how it looked against my Dynatech 500 ?

Can you post just the address of the pics?

Shaun

hmm not sure what you need so here we go; http://tinypic.com/yourstuff.php

I think the SB number is for 1990 which would be the first year of production for Dynatechs? also interesting is the rear dropouts are vertical most others I have seen are horizontal dropouts, could these be ordered either way?

does anyone know the significance of the second set of numbers......... SA 5 92 ?

My Dynatech 500 has the frame number B15248 on the bottom of the Bottom bracket.....

Your extra set of numbers could be a sale code stamped on (we stamped all our bikes at our bike shop for identification), a sort of postcode for security or a bike made for a team rider wit the initials SA.

Or maybe not LOL

Some of the pics have come through today and it's deffo a dynatech.

Shaun

Tinypic has been flakey of late, I wonder if it's due to IPV4 / IPV6 problems which have been on and off for my Internet connection.........the pics have completely gone for me too.

Shaun

washed/ cleaned and oiled her (ooeer missus!) earlier this week and have just been out for a quick(ish) jaunt around NE Derbyshire around 19-21 miles ish, took out small tookit(cooltool) and other than adjusting contact points absolutely no problems at all, though I really need to put on new tyres as they are starting to crack/split.

dynatech

chambo, a Dynatech serial number starting with an SB prefix would mean 'special build'.

The hand made bikes produced at Ilkeston between 1974 and 1987 had the SB prefix of course, and many believe that it's use was exclusive to Ilkeston.

However, when production of competition bikes moved to the Special Products Division, the SB designation was still used for certain bikes. It was also used on a few prototype frames produced at SPD.

SB 9598 would be one of the last bikes in the 'special build' sequence.

I would think it was built for a pro rider - SA as suggested by Midlife. Not absolutely sure of this but the 5 could indicate it was the 5th bike built for that rider in 1992.

Ordinary Dynatech numbers started with A in 1990, then B in '91. C in '92 etc.

Hopefully should be able to get my Dynatech 500 out on the North Derbyshire roads soon !

Back