PotM June 2012 - Water, Water, everywhere...

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobCatMax

Retrobike Rider
Kona Fan
GT Fan
Feedback
View
First of all, my apologies for the lack of an official PotM last month. Real life got in the way of my keyboard bashing, but i seem to have a lid on that now :)

Big thanks to Piperdave et al for the impromptu comp they set up, and really good to hear he's back on the bike

This month the brief is "Water". Slightly controvertial as we're stuck in the middle of this drought...:roll:

Looking forward to see what aqueous art you talented chaps can come up with :cool:

All the usual terms and conditions apply; one per household, employees are not eligable for entry , the management reserve the right..wait, wrong ones.

*Picture should be by you or of you.
*Picture should have a retrobike or at least a retro bike part in it (no not a 2012 Enduro with an ODI grip...).
*Picture should ideally be new to the site (and preferably shot for the competition)
*Pay attention to the 'theme' - that is the point after all.
*One pic/ entry per person.
*Nothing rude or dodgy please.
*Enjoy yourself - it's just a bit of fun.

The entries will be open for around three weeks, with one left for voting..

tropical jellybeans

salsafinished004-1-1.jpg

What's the current ruling on the age of the pictures ? I thought we had moved to taken for the competition or at least within the past month ?
(above is 4/5 months old)

i.e designed to get people to go and and have fun thinking of something and not just running through their old photo's ?
"He're the criteria, now go out and do something, not just post a picture up 5 mins later."

I know the rules don't state that, but I thought it worked well when we used that criteria.

If only this was yesterday, it was pissing it down and finding water was easy

FluffyChicken":1uy8nias said:
What's the current ruling on the age of the pictures ? I thought we had moved to taken for the competition or at least within the past month ?

i.e designed to get people to go and and have fun thinking of something and not just running through their old photo's ?
"He're the criteria, now go out and do something, not just post a picture up 5 mins later."

I know the rules don't state that, but I thought it worked well when we used that criteria.

me? I took that just a few days ago(golden gate bridge 75th Bday celebration) and have never shared it anywhere before

hollister":vobmxhvr said:
FluffyChicken":vobmxhvr said:

me? I took that just a few days ago(golden gate bridge 75th Bday celebration) and have never shared it anywhere before

Not yours, no idea of it's date.
Slow6's Date is on the photo site.

Just wanted clarification on the spirit of the competition
this- Picture should ideally be new to the site (and preferably shot for the competition) - really means if you cannot be arsed then just run through some old pics and post it up.

Anyway, on with the pics. leave it to bobcat to clarify. (don't want to bog the thread down with rule talk since it is just for fun)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back