Gazelle AB frame *with modern content*

I love these gazelles.....I've got an AA special and a cross frame and fork.....I really think yours works,but I would de-sticker the rims, personally :0)

Love the colour though.....leveryone knows red bikes are faster!

Gazzelle

Polco":2cja5l6r said:
Rich34":2cja5l6r said:
That's a lovely build - did you have to cold-set the frame to get the 10-speed hub into the dropouts? Or is it just a squeeze? Interested to hear how you got on as I have a frame and forks from 1980 I'm considering a modern groupset on, though I might stick to '90s kit as opposed to 10-speed.

Thank you! The rear dropouts measured 127mm so I just squeezed the rear wheel in without much bother at all :D
I took the bike out to the club '10' last night, an extremely hilly course and I was surrounded by some very expensive carbon fibre TT machines, didn't stop me & the Gazelle passing 4 of them though!!!

if you want to fit Campag 8/9/10 speed into a 126 ish rear end, replace the thick cone nut on the opposite side to the cassette and fit a slim nut say off a scrap MTB wheel with a Shimano hub and the re-dish the wheel !! takes 2.5 mm off the width..

Johnsqual":7r3kwmyx said:
Where did you take those last few shots? Looks more like Flanders than
Aberdeen! :D

The conditions of our roads can often be quite similar! There are a couple of folk I know planning on doing a 'Pave tour of Aberdeen', safe to say we have our share of cobbles!

Back