Status
Not open for further replies.

john

The Guv’nor
Admin
Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Let's have your nominations for the June 2012 Bike of The Month Contest. this month is a dead end special month, what we're looking for is retro bikes whose design never made it through the retro period, we're talking about things like URT, softbeam, rear sus only and magnesium frames. Any other evolutionary dead ends accepted, just make sure you can justify it. Please remember judges decision is final and cantilever brakes won't count ;)

Quill stems! Hite-Rite! Level top tubes and lugged MTBs!

Funny how a Kestrel MXZ isn't a dead end so much anymore...

....this one should be fun :)

yo-Nate-y":2drsoulc said:
Quill stems! Hite-Rite! Level top tubes and lugged MTBs!

Funny how a Kestrel MXZ isn't a dead end so much anymore...

....this one should be fun :)

We are expecting some lively debate, yes :)

Slingshots.

Totally barking but workable and despite not appealing to everyone they always stick in your mind.

I know of a Steve Pots designed elevated chain stay drum brake bike... but I dont have it my self (surprise!) - so that probably does not count for me this month...

Just to open up a line of debate......... Would bonded frames count as dead end technology :?: Obviously not as dead end as the Kirk Revulsion ;) :LOL:

Whoever can put together a Trek 9000 complete with Lawwill Leader fork, flex stem, Tioga Disk Drive Pro, Biopace chain rings on Caramba double barrel cranks and top it off with a carbon Flight is sure to get my vote

Bonus points for a modifying the swing arm so a U brake mounts on the bottom too… ;)

Edit: I probably need some CNC'd Pauls derailleurs to really complete this dream build...

John":84cctzvo said:
we're talking about things like URT, softbeam, rear sus only and magnesium frames. )

URT and magnesium frames made it well into the 00s but maybe should have died well before that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back